Hi. I'm Stacy.
I have BIG ideas and lots of happy plans to go and see and do.
I adore stories and color and my family and really dark chocolate—all of these things, EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. I believe in God and good people. I take pictures and I use them and share them. Whether it’s scrapbooking or family history or blogging—I especially delight in using my pictures to connect people, places and things across time.
I love to teach and to travel and to come home.
I start projects and I make piles.
The best thing I've ever done...
...is grow a family. I've been married to Geoff Julian for 29 years. We have five children: four biological sons, one near-perfect daughter in law and one perfectly adorable Korean princess. I write about them often.
My curiosity and my love of creativity and storytelling has rewarded me with an accidental, but happy career in the magical world of memory keeping.
- I have worked in the scrapbooking industry for more than twenty years as a writer, blogger, presenter and the author of four books.
- I’m the founder of Simple Scrapbooks magazine which inspired creative memory keepers from 2002 to 2009.
- In 2005 I also founded online education at Big Picture Classes, which I sold in 2014. I still teach classes there.
- I created the Library of Memories photo organizing and storytelling system, which I am always evolving and sharing or teaching in some way.
- I teach family history storytelling at RootsTech, a global family history event in Salt Lake City, Utah.
- I’m currently partnering with Close To My Heart on Story by Stacy, a line of story-based scrapbooking products.